Westpark Community Center
Westpark Community Center
We provide a variety of safe educational and affordable youth programs and services with an emphasis on teaching boys and girls from the Westside the importance of self-esteem, leadership, good character, responsibility and respect through::
Homework & Tutoring - Recreation Enrichment - Sports - Classes - Special Events - Youth Camps Camps
Sports Leagues and Clinics for Boys & Girls
• Fall: Register by October 8 • you must attend required skills testing on Sept 24, Oct 1 or Oct 8 10 am-12 pm
*Register by October 1 (no skills testing)
Full or Half Day Youth Camps
Experienced and knowledgeable staff provide a safe environment for youths ages 5-12 years of age for our youth camps that offer a variety of themes and activities that include sports, art, music and more.
- Westpark Camps • Spring Camp • Summer Camp • Fall Camp October 24-28 • Winter Camp
- Scholarships available Becas disponibles
Monthly Food Distribution Program & Health Services / Mensual Programa de Distribución de Alimentos y Servicios de Salud - Click for flyer
• Third Wednesdays • 4-5:30 pm • los terceros miércoles
• Free! First come-first served • Gratis los primeros en llegar, serán los primeros en recibir servicio
• Distribution of food, fresh fruits and vegetables • Distribución de alimentos, frutas y verduras frescas
• Health screens for blood pressure, diabetes, body fat & Body Mass Index (BMI) measurements • Pruebas de salud incluyen examenes de presión arterial, diabetes, medidas de grasa corporal e Índice de Masa Corporal (IMC).
Westpark Community Center, 450 W. Harrison Avenue, Ventura 93001 Phone: 805/648-1895
Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Partnerships Youth Programs Supervisor:
Mario Robinson: 805/654-7807 email@example.com
and Westpark Coordinator, Anita Diaz: 805/648-1895 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facility Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 2:30 – 6 pm, Wednesdays 1 – 6 pm
- Summer Hours: Mondays – Fridays 12 – 6 pm
- Closed weekends except for special events or organized sports leagues.
- During normal operating hours the center is open for youths 6 – 17 years of age.
Homework & Tutoring
Westpark staff is available to assist youths in their daily homework needs. Computers are available for their research and school projects. Tutoring in math, computer fundamentals, and English/Spanish are also available at the center.
Youths wishing homework assistance and not registered through PEAK can drop-in at the center during the daily homework hour 2:45-3:45 pm with the sole requirement that they complete an emergency card as a matter of record.
PEAK - Westpark Community Center is a registered PEAK site for 3rd-5th graders. For more information about registration contact the center. PAL (Police Activities League)--visit PAL website hosted by the Ventura Police Department
Arts and Ceramics: This program encourages youths to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through the knowledge and appreciation of visual and fine arts. The Art Program is free and conducted from 4 – 6 pm Monday – Friday. An experienced adult instructor provides extensive knowledge in the following:
Ceramics Painting Clay & Pottery Glazing
Computer Education: Westpark has a state of the art computer lab with over 20 computers available for homework, research, Internet access and fun. Our computers can be used for school, job searches, college financial aid research and more.
Boxing: Westpark offers a boxing program for all youths 6-17 years of age with Instruction for 6-12 year-olds from 5-6 pm Monday through Thursday. Instruction is free. All participants must complete an emergency card and follow all rules as posted at the fitness room.
Music: Westpark has its own music studio offering programs and lessons in musical instruments, karaoke, choir, hip hop dance and more. Westpark youth may record their own music and learn to DJ during summer in the studio. Contact the center for information and times for your child’s particular musical and dance interests.
Classes for Adults/Youth
Westpark offer classes for youths, adults and families. Contact the center for information on fees, schedules and more.
Adult Computer Education
Adult/Youth English/Spanish – Classes for youths and adults interested in learning English and or Spanish. The classes will teach word usage, grammar, pronunciation and more.
Adults/Youth Ceramics & more – Classes for youths and adults interested in learning building techniques of pinching, slab building, coiling and sculpting. Also students will learn hand building, firing and glazing.
The Westpark Community Center is available for rental to the general public. The center has the only city-owned gymnasium for large meetings and all sporting type events including basketball and volleyball practices and club tournaments. In addition, Westpark has additional meeting rooms with space for up to 40 people. For more information please contact the center.
Westpark in the news!