Customer Assistance Program
How are we doing? Take our Customer Survey here!
On October 15, Ventura Water will begin accepting applications for a new Customer Assistance Program which provides a 50% discount on the water service charge for customers meeting CARE (California Alternate Rates for Energy) requirements. Admission will be on a first come, first serve basis and is limited to available funding.
El 15 de octubre, Ventura Water empezará a aceptar solicitudes para un Nuevo Programa de Asistencia para clientes que ofrece un descuento del 50% sobre el precio de servicio de agua a clientes que cumplen CARE (California Tarifas Alternativas de Energía) requisitos. El ingreso se basará por orden de primer llegada, primer servido y está limitado a los fondos disponibles.
- Ventura Water bill is in your name.
- Service address is a single family residence and your primary home (own or rent).
- Other than a spouse, you are not claimed as a dependent on another’s tax report.
- Proof of eligibility in the CARE (California Alternate Rates for Energy) program with Southern California Edison (SCE) or Southern California Gas (SCG).
How To Apply
No earlier than October 15, 2014, bring the following to the Customer Care office, City Maintenance Yard, 336 Sanjon Road, Ventura from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday:
- Completed and signed Ventura Water Customer Assistance Application and Agreement.
- Copy of driver’s license or presentation of driver’s license.
- Copy of your Southern California Edison Electric or Southern California Gas bill showing that you are enrolled in their CARE program.
First Come, First Serve
The number of participants in Ventura Water’s Customer Assistance Program is limited by available funding. Once the number of qualified participants is reached, additional applicants may be placed on a waiting list. In this event, you will be notified if and when you are accepted into the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the discount?
Once approved, the ongoing discount is dependent on the size of the meter at your property. The discount will be 50% of the cost of that meter, shown on your water bill as a service charge.
Is there a cost to enroll?
There is no charge to enroll in the program.
When will my enrollment begin?
The first discounts for initial applications will start after January 2015, depending on your billing cycle. Future applications will be accepted at any time and if space is available, discounts will be applied within 30 days.
Will I have to re-enroll?
Yes, participants will be requested to recertify eligibility every two years.
What if I am no longer eligible for CARE?
You will also lose your eligibility for Ventura Water's discount and by terms of the signed application, you are required to notify Ventura Water within 30 days if you no longer are CARE qualified. If you receive the discount without qualifying for it, you will be required to pay back any discount received.
This page was last updated on September 30, 2014.