Ventura Youth Basketball Association
2015 VYBA Season Schedule (first half)
PARENTS & PLAYERS: Coaches received their packets by December 12 and should have now contacted all their team players. If you have not heard from your coach please email us at email@example.com and we will check in on the status of your coach.
Click on the link to view the first half of the 2015 VYBA Season Schedule
Coaches and players! Get your game ready by checking out www.ihoops.com
Follow VYBA on Facebook
Your Sponsorship is Vital
Business and individual contributions are vital to our program's success and greatly appreciated. View the entire sponsorship document here
- Dear Prospective Sponsor
- VYBA involves the entire community
- Our VYBA crew are leaders first
- Benefits of Sponsorship
- Sponsorship Form (fillable PDF)
HISTORY & PRACTICE SITES
In 2015 Ventura Youth Basketball Association (VYBA) celebrates 60 years as the area’s largest recreation basketball program for 1,000 boys and girls in grades 2-12 each year. To participate in VYBA, students grades 2-8 must sign up as individuals during skill test dates (Oct-Dec); and students grades 9-12 sign up as a team (for the High School Super League) in early December.
The fee is $100 per player (includes uniform). Late sign ups are $120. Practices start in mid-December and the 2015 season runs from January 3 to March 7 (January 5-March 7 for the high school league). Volunteer coaches, gym supervisors and officials are needed! Call 805.658.4705 or visit see below for complete details.
PRACTICE SITES: VYBA has permission from the following schools to use their outdoor courts for VYBA practice.
- Courts are on a first come basis: if courts are crowded please shorten your lengh of practice.
- Do not jump a fence if the gates are locked: contact VYBA to notify the school district of the problem site.
- NO INDOOR PRACTICES ARE ALLOWED given that access to indoor facilities is not available to everyone.
- NO DOGS on school grounds during practices or games due to some owners not cleaning up after pets.
- OUTDOOR COURTS ONLY ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRACTICE AT:
- Saticoy Elementary School
- Serra School
- Loma Vista Elementary School
- Juanamaria Elementary School
- Pointettia Elementary School
- Blanche Reynolds School
- Will Rogers
- Citrus Glen
- Cabrillo Middle School
- Anacapa Middle School
- Balboa Middle School (gates might be locked during holiday closure)
- Codes of Conduct (Players & Parents)
- Codes of Conduct (Coaches)
- Handbook for Coaches
- Locations Map
- Handbook for Players & Parents
VYBA Board of Directors
- Hugh Clabaugh, Chairman
- Leonard Ikemire, Vice Chairman
- Arnie Moser, Director
- Pamela Coronado, Director
- John Cardoza, Director
- Steve Vacca, Director