Since 1872, the Ventura Pier has stood as a symbol of the region's rich history and natural resources. Once the cornerstone of Ventura County's agricultural, construction and oil trade, today the Ventura Pier is a favorite attraction for fishing, picnics, sunset strolls and beautiful views of Ventura County's coastline and the Channel Islands.
Click here to view the Ventura Pier Interpretive Panels
Pier into the Future
In 1993 a dedicated group of community leaders created Pier into the Future, a non-profit 501 (c ) 3 organization, to establish a $1 million endowment fund to preserve, maintain and enhance the historic Ventura Pier for future generations to enjoy. This committed group achieved its fundraising goal but continues its mission through year-round community outreach efforts that culminate in the ever-popular food and wine tasting event called Pier Under the Stars. View "Celebrating 20 years flyer."
The organization has contributed more than $460,000 to the City of Ventura over the last 20 years to enhance the Pier. Donors can Adopt-a-Bench for $1500 or inscribe a donor name on the pier’s granite “honor roll” at various levels beginning at $175 (click on brochure link below for details). For more information about the organization visit www.pierintothefuture.org
Pier under the Stars
Each year more than 800 residents and visitors attend this beachfront culinary fair adjacent to the pier to sample the county’s best food and spirits provided by over 50 area businesses. Restaurants, cafes, wineries and breweries showcase their signature dishes and beverages from tented booths on the seaside Promenade while guests enjoy live music and dancing and bid on silent auction items—all to benefit the city’s historic pier. Click here for 2013 press release
- 20th annual Pier under the Stars: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 5-8 pm
- Beachfront Promenade near the Ventura Pier
- Entertainment by The MiniDriver Band plus a silent auction to benefit the Pier
- $60 General admission includes food and beverage tastings, commemorative wine glass and complimentary parking.
- $100 VIP admission also include early entrance to the event at 4:30 pm, one seat at a reserved VIP table and wine and hors d’oeuvres in the VIP area. Alcohol is served only to adults ages 21 and up (I.D. required).
- PURCHASE EVENT TICKETS: MC/VISA
- BY PHONE: 1.800.838.3006
- MAIL completed purchase form
- ONLINE: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/400822
2013 Ventura Pier Photo Contest
2013 VENTURA PIER PHOTO CONTEST: Amateur and professional adult and youth photographers were invited to enter their best images celebrating the Ventura Pier in Pier into the Future’s Digital Photography Contest between April 15 through May 17, 2013.
Entering was easy, free and by e-mail. For more information contact Jenise Wagar at PierIntoTheFuture@GMail.com or via telephone at (805) 804-7735.