Episode #3: March 12, 2009
Ventura’s Fiscal Flash is an electronic newsletter with the latest information from the City of Ventura as staff and the City Council work with the community to achieve fiscal balance in these tough economic times.
Community Budget Briefing Tuesday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m.
Residents in the City of Ventura are invited to attend a community budget briefing Tuesday, March 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in City Hall’s Community Meeting Room, 501 Poli Street, Room 202.
The briefing will synopsize the $11.4M budget reduction proposal that will be presented to the Ventura City Council Monday, March 16. In addition to specific information such as funding plans and spending reductions, the redesign proposal document includes discussion of anticipated service and community impacts.
The City Council will discuss the proposal at its March 16 meeting, which starts at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 501 Poli Street. Residents are welcome to attend and make public comment.
- Details on the March 17 Community Meeting 
- View the March 16 City Council Administrative Report 
- Review answers to the frequently asked budget questions (FAQs )
- Read “$11.4 million in cuts offered in Ventura ”; Ventura County Star, March 12, 2009
- Read City Manager Rick Cole’s blog entry, “Turning point ”
What you can do:
- Attend the March 16 City Council meeting at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 501 Poli Street.
- Attend the March 17 Community Budget Briefing at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall, Room 202.
- Take our budget priorities survey .
- Log into My Ventura Access to share your suggestions with the City Council.
- To set up a meeting with a Council member for your community organization, neighborhood group or club to discuss Ventura's budget priorities, please call Anne Hallock at 805-658-4739 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .