VPD Online Reporting System
- Online Reporting Requirements
- Report Types
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Helpful Suggestions
- What Happens Once I Have Submitted My Report?
- Contact Information
Welcome to the Ventura Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Ventura Police Department City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If you answered no to any of the questions please see our Online Report FAQs
Using our Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
- Custody Order Violation
- Fraudulent Use of Credit Card
- Harassing Phone Call (excluding threats of imminent harm)
- Hit and Run
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Supplemental Report
- Theft (excluding prescription medications)
- Vehicle Burglary
- Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Helpful Hints & Suggestions for Online Reports
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- If you have questions regarding the online reporting process please call 805-650-8010 and you will be connected to our Dispatch Center
If you have questions regarding the online reporting process please call our 24 hour non-emergency line at 805-650-8010 and you will be connected to our Dispatch Center.