Awards & Recognition
The City of Ventura has received a variety of awards in recognition of their exemplary efforts toward proactive environmental protection.
The Climate Registry awarded the City of Ventura as a Climate Action Leader in 2007.
In order to obtain this prestigious title, the City of Ventura took action by measuring, verifying, and reporting annual Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions to the California Registry and the public.
The Beacon Award is awarded from the Institute for Local Government and recognizes and celebrates California Cities and countries that:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy
- Adopt policies and programs to address climate change; and
- Promote sustainability
California Green Committees-Environmental recognition program that fosters innovative ways for participating cities to reduce carbon emissions and energy consumption while building vibrant, sustainable communities.
Flex Your Power Award-2006
National "Top Green Shop"-2009
The City of Ventura's Environmental Sustainability Memberships:
- California Green Communities
- The Energy Network
- Climate Communities
- Southern California Edison Leadership Program
- Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance (VCREA)
- Ventura Chamber of Commerce - Green Task Force
- Cool Planet
- National Top Green Shop
To view the City of Ventura's annual greenhouse gas emissions reports, click the links below: