Libraries and Hours
The City of Ventura has two public libraries, E.P. Foster Library (648-2716) and The Avenue Library (643-6393), administered and staffed by the Ventura County Library System. To receive the library's e-newsletter click here.
San Buenaventura Friends of the Library
San Buenaventura Friends of the Library (SBFOL) is an all-volunteer group, working to help Ventura's libraries serve the public need for knowledge and opportunity. For information regarding SBFOL, including becoming a volunteer worker, and/or making a tax-deductible donation of cash, please pick up forms at any library where you may also donate books for future sales. For more information contact SBFOL periodic book sales manager Chuck Carlson at 805.642.6084 or firstname.lastname@example.org. ###
Monthly Events @ E.P. Foster Library
Library Strategic Plan
The Library Strategic Plan Vision for the Future: 2012-2017 (see also the final Executive Summary) was adopted by the Ventura City Council on May 7, 2012. For more information about this project please contact Denise Sindelar, Community Partnerships Manager at email@example.com or 805-658-4793.
Share your thoughts and comments with the Library Advisory Commission Please complete and save this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Library Survey (pdf)
- Survey Results as of June 10, 2011
- Consultant's Report to City Council June 16, 2011
- Consultant's Request for Information (RFI) due August 15, 2011 Spreadsheet Attachment
- FAQs (frequently asked questions) about the library strategic plan process
- VIDEO OF: Special Joint Meeting of City Council and Library Advisory Commission on June 16
- PowerPoint presentation made by Nancy Howe, Deputy Director, Santa Clara County Library
- Click here for the Library Vision adopted by the San Buenaventura City Council January 27, 1997
The City of Ventura has a Library Advisory Commission - not related to the County Library Commission. The City Library Advisory Commission's purpose is to make recommendations to the Ventura City Council on issues related to libraries and library services. The LAC meets on the fourth Tuesday at 5:30 pm in the Santa Cruz Conference Room.
- Chair - Ron D'Incau
- Vice Chair - Patrick C. Squires
- Commissioner Danny Carrillo
- Commissioner Debbie Giles
- Commissioner David Luna
- Commissioner Dolly Moerhle
- Commissioner Berta Steele
- City staff contact for the Library Advisory Commission: Denise Sindelar, 658-4793
Frequently Asked Questions about the Closure of HP Wright Library
Click here for an FAQ about the closure of HP Wright Library
More information regarding library issues is available at http://www.cityofventura.net/public_meetings/LibraryAdvisoryCommission.
The County Library System
The County Library System consists of twelve libraries in seven cities, plus unincorporated county areas. The System is governed by the Ventura County Board of Supervisors. The mission of the Ventura County Library is to meet the general reading, lifelong learning and informational needs of the people of Ventura County, with special focus on children, youth and families. Jackie Griffin is the Director of the Ventura County Library System.
Ventura County Library
5600 Everglades St.
Ventura, CA 93003
Ventura County Library website