- Turn on your radio to learn if there is a tsunami warning if an earthquake occurs and you are in a coastal area.
- Move inland to higher ground immediately and stay there.
- Stay away from the beach. Never go down to the beach to watch a tsunami come in.
- CAUTION - If there is noticeable recession in water away from the shoreline this is nature's tsunami warning and it should be heeded. You should move to high ground immediately.
Tsunami Information Links
- National Weather Service Tsunami Info (tsunamiready.noaa.gov)
- Ready Ventura County Website (readyventuracounty.org)
- Letter to Coastal Residents and Businesses: Ventura County Emergency Planning Council, Feb. 2012 (PDF, 352KB)
- Brochure: How to survive a Tsunami Prepared by Calif. Emergency Management Agency (Cal EMA) (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Evacuation Plan: Ventura County Operational Area Tsunami Evacuation Plan, June 2011 (PDF, 2.2MB)
- County of Ventura Emergency Information website, www.vcemergency.com)