Ventura Youth Basketball Association
□ Super League team registration & fillable roster form (for high school age girls and boys)
Other Links & Documents
Parents & Players
Your Sponsorship is Vital
Business and individual contributions are vital to our program's success and greatly appreciated. View the entire sponsorship document here
- Dear Prospective Sponsor
- VYBA involves the entire community
- Our VYBA crew are leaders first
- Benefits of Sponsorship
- Sponsorship Form (fillable PDF)
HISTORY & PRACTICE SITES
In 2017 Ventura Youth Basketball Association (VYBA) celebrates 62 years as the area’s largest recreation basketball program for 1,000 boys and girls in grades 2-12 each year. To participate in VYBA, students grades 2-8 must sign up as individuals during skill test dates (Sep-Oct); and students grades 9-12 sign up as a team (for the High School Super League) in early December.
The fee is $100 per player (includes uniform). Late sign ups are $120. Practices start in mid-December 2015 and the 2017 season runs from January 7 to March 18 (January 8 - March 17 for the high school league). Volunteer coaches, gym supervisors and officials are needed! Call 805.658.4705 or visit see below for complete details.
- Courts are on a first come basis: if courts are crowded please shorten your lengh of practice.
- Do not jump a fence if the gates are locked: contact VYBA to notify the school district of the problem site.
- NO INDOOR PRACTICES ARE ALLOWED given that access to indoor facilities is not available to everyone.
- NO DOGS on school grounds during practices or games due to some owners not cleaning up after pets.
- OUTDOOR COURTS ONLY ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRACTICE AT:
- Saticoy Elementary School
- Serra School
- Loma Vista Elementary School
- Juanamaria Elementary School
- Pointettia Elementary School
- Blanche Reynolds School
- Will Rogers
- Citrus Glen
- Cabrillo Middle School
- Anacapa Middle School
- Balboa Middle School (gates might be locked during holiday closure)
VYBA Board of Directors
- Hugh Clabaugh, Chairman
- Leonard Ikemire, Vice Chairman
- Arnie Moser, Director
- Pamela Coronado, Director
- John Cardoza, Director
- Steve Vacca, Director