Youth Sports & Programs
The City of Ventura Community Recreation Division is committed to providing a variety of positive recreational opportunities for all youth that are fun, educational, assist in developing self-esteem, promote social responsibility and encourage health and physical development.
- See "Youth Sports" After School in My Ventura
- Beach Volleyball Academy - see My Ventura for fall and year round offerings
- Tennis Classes for all ages - see Tennis page of My Ventura
- Sail, Kayak & Paddleboard Classes
- Register now through eRecreation
- Join us in investing in the future of tennis in Ventura
Founded in 1954 Ventura Youth Basketball Association (VYBA) is the area’s largest recreation basketball program for 1,400 boys and girls in grades 2-12 each year. For more information, visit the VYBA.org.
PEAK (Program Enrichment for After-School Kids)
PEAK, created in 2002, offers an inclusive (education, enrichment and recreation) after school program for 500 elementary and middle school children per year. PEAK is a partnership of the City of Ventura Community Services Department, Unified School District and the Ventura Police Activities League (PAL). For more info contact Mario Robinson (Youth Programs Supervisor) at 654-7807 or email@example.com or the PEAK web page.
Westpark Community Center
The Westpark Community Center provides a variety of safe, educational and affordable youth programs and services to boys and girls, predominantly from the Westside. The emphasis is on self-esteem, leadership, good character, responsibility and respect in five program areas: homework/tutoring, recreation enrichment, sports, classes, special events and fall, spring and summer camps. See Westpark Web page.
Police Activities League (PAL)
PAL activities (sports, academics, education and recreation) help create strong bonds between our youth, police department and the community and is a joint project of the Ventura Police Department, Ventura Unified School District and Community Services Department. For full information visit the PAL website at www.venturapal.org or contact Executive Director Mario Robinson at 805/654-7807 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing address: Ventura PAL, PO Box 3262, Ventura, CA 93006-3262.
The goal of Teen Voice, the City of Ventura High School Leadership Program created in 2008, is to develop student programs and activities on and off our city's high school campuses. Participating students are nominated by their Principals, complete an application and questionnaire and go through an interview process to be accepted into the program. Contact Youth Programs Supervisor Mario Robinson at 654-7807 or email@example.com
Field Trips for School Children: Interpretive Outreach: Nature & History
The City of Ventura's Interpretive Outreach Program offers dozens of programs focusing on nature studies and California history for school-age groups in an outdoor setting. Reaching more than 16,000 participants (preschool through 6th grade) each year, the field trips take place at Ventura parks, beaches and local historic sites as well as in classroom presentations. For more information:
- Visit the Nature & History Web Page
- Call (805) 677-3961 or (805) 658-4733
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adaptive Sports/Special Olympics
- Call 658-4726 for available adaptive sports/activities.
- Contact 650-7717 or Special Olympics Ventura County for its schedule of free seasonal Olympic-type sports training and competitions for individuals with intellectual disabilities, ages 8 and up. Or visit the office at 1559 Spinnaker Dr #206, Ventura CA 93001.