Pool Parties & Rental Information
The Ventura Aquatic Center is located at 901 S. Kimball Rd, Ventura, CA 93004. The facility includes a recreation pool, water playground pool, two water slides, a 50 meter competition pool with two one-meter and two three-meter diving boards, locker rooms, and picnic areas. The facility is available for rental when no other City programs are scheduled.
Celebrate your next birthday or special event at the Ventura Aquatic Center!
Pool Party Invitation Form (fillable pdf)
Party reservation includes:
* Guaranteed Guest Entry
* Early admission for party preparations
* Reserved Picnic Area
* Invitations available
* Special Gift for the Guest of Honor
Party Reservation Fees:
* 20 guest tickets: $120
* 35 guest tickets: $210
* 50 guest tickets: $300
Party areas are reserved during scheduled recreational swim times. Reservation fee is due upon booking; guest tickets are issued at that time. The total guest count includes anyone entering the facility whether they are swimming or not. All reservation fees are non-refundable. Please call 654-7511 for more information.
Pool Party FAQs
May I come in to look at the party areas before I decide to make a reservation?
Yes, please stop in to look at the pool features and picnic area. We are open most days from 7am-8:30pm M-F and 9am-3pm Saturday & Sunday.
What time of day can I reserve a party and for how long?
Party areas may be reserved during our scheduled Recreational Swim times and you and your guests may occupy that area for the entire Open Swim, which is typically 3-4 hours. See pool schedule for Open Swim times.
Is a deposit required in order to reserve?
Yes, we require that ALL fees are paid at the time of reservation.
Can I get a refund if I decide to cancel my reservation?
All fees are non-refundable; however, you may move your party to a different date, availability permitting, with 72 hours notice.
If some of my guests aren’t planning to swim, do they count as an entry?
Yes, anyone entering the facility must be paid for as our lifeguards are responsible for the safety of all patrons whether they swim or not.
What if I need more entries as my party date approaches?
Additional entries may be purchased up to 2 days before your reserved party date.
Do my party guests need to wait in line to get in?
No, your guests can bypass the line and provide their names to the party host located at the exit doors to enter.
How many tables are there in the reserved picnic area?
There are 6 tables with 5 chairs per table; the area seats appx 30 people, but do keep in mind that the children are usually in the water having fun and do not typically stay in the picnic area.
Can I decorate the picnic area and if so, how early can I come in to do that?
Yes, you may arrive 30 mins before Open Swim begins. You must remove all decorations at the conclusion of your party. Be aware that the picnic area tends to be breezy; we do not recommend balloons unless they are securely tied down.
Does the reservation fee include food or beverages?
No, we do not provide food or beverages but personal food and beverage items in plastic containers ARE permitted inside the park. Barbecue pits, alcoholic beverages, and glass containers, bottles, etc. ARE NOT allowed. Many parties order pizza to be delivered to the facility or they bring in sandwiches, chips, dips, and drinks.
Do you have any refrigeration for a birthday cake?
No, we do not have a refrigerator, however we do allow coolers into the facility.
What happens if it rains on my party date?
We ARE open when it rains, so your party will still be reserved as scheduled. However, if availability permits, you may move your party to a different date, availability permitting.
Private Group Rental Rates
Rental Information (pdf)
Rental Applicaton (pdf)
Private group rentals are available for shared use during open business hours or sole use during non-operational hours. Rental fees are divided into three categories:
Category 1: Permittees must be non-profit groups with current Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3), government agencies, community councils and public schools.
Category 2: Permittees must be community service groups or organizations without current Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) status. Permittee activities must provide services that meet community needs.
Category 3: Permittees in this category include persons conducting private events. Example of Category 3 permittees are individuals, groups, businesses and organizations holding private functions including without limitation, weddings, wedding receptions, sports and recreational activities, corporate retreats and other similar types of activities or non-profit groups and organizations that have closed memberships such as fraternal clubs, political, religious, and unions.
50 & 25-meter Pools
$6.25 per lane/hr
$13.00 per long course/lane/hr
$8.00 per lane/hr
$15.00 per long course/lane/hr
$16.75 per lane/hr
$23.75 per long course/lane/hr
*slides only $175/hr
In addition to the hourly rate:
- Lifeguard fee of $15/hr is required for every 25 people. A minimum of two lifeguards is required for the 50-meter pool and 25-meter pool; a five guard minimum is required for the Recreation Area.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee made payable to the City of Ventura is required.
- A $200 Facility/Equipment Deposit made payable to the City of Ventura is required. This deposit will be refunded if the facility and all the equipment is returned in the condition it was prior to the rental. The refunded deposit will be processed and mailed within 14 working days after the rental.
- Use of diving boards is a three-lane minimum rental, plus an additional $20/hr.
- Colorado Time System use fee is $100/day. This fee includes 1 table, 1 double canopy, 2 chairs, console, starter, touchpads, pickles, clocks & scoreboard.
- Additional canopies, tables & chairs rentals are available for $50 per day.
- For large events of 500+ participants, a $200 trash fee and a $300 cleaning fee applies.
A Certificate of Insurance providing coverage for General Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit and $2,000,000 Aggregate. In addition, an Additional Insured Endorsement or Policy Declaration change naming the City of Ventura as Additional Insured is required.
The Certificate Holder Information should read:
City of San Buenaventura
Parks, Recreation & Community Partnership Department
Ventura Aquatic Center
901 S. Kimball Rd.
Ventura, CA 93004
- Complete and return the enclosed Application for Facility and/or Equipment Use along with a $25 non-refundable application fee and a separate $200 refundable Facility/Equipment Deposit made payable to the City of Ventura.
- Reservations and payment must be made at least three (3) weeks prior to event.
- Rental fees and evidence of insurance is due 72 hours prior to the event. If rental fees exceeds initial quote, the outstanding balance will be invoiced.
If it becomes necessary to request a fee refund, please be aware that refunds are made only under two conditions:
- When adverse weather conditions forces the City to close the Aquatic Center.
- When you notify us of cancellation at least 1 week prior to the event.
Group Responsibilities and Information
- In order to prevent unauthorized persons from entering, a member of the group shall be stationed at the door to admit only authorized individuals.
- The lifeguard on duty will enforce all swimming pool rules and regulations.
- Groups using the pool area will be responsible for their event set-up & clean up.
- A group representative who can take responsibility for the group/event must be present in the facility at all times for the duration of the rental.
- Facility & Pool rules must be followed at all times. For a complete list of rules visit www.cityofventura.net/aquatics.
It is the responsibility of the school administrators, team president or agency to oversee that background checks for all coaching staff have been performed and are on file with their agency.
General Pool Rules
- No diving except in the competition pool.
- No running on the pool deck, or in the pool building.
- Dangerous horseplay, including hanging on the back of other swimmers, pushing people into the pool, dunking or splashing is prohibited.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products is prohibited.
- Children age 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Active in-water adult supervision (within an arms length) is required for all non-swimmers.
- No pets allowed in the facility at any time.
- Food or drinks are allowed only in designated picnic areas.
- Lifeguards may prohibit any other activities deemed as unsafe.
Thank you for your interest in renting the Ventura Aquatic Center.
If you have any questions please contact Jaci Stephens at 805-654-7514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org