Barranca Vista Center
Barranca Vista Center (BVC)
The Imagination Center for the Arts
7050 East Ralston Street (click here for a map)
Download the current My Ventura for a complete listing of classes in theater, dance, music, art, wellness and family events
for all ages. Obtain the class codes to register online.
Register online using the code for each class in My Ventura or call 805-658-4726 M-F 8-5 closed alternate Fridays
Kids Swap Meet returns May 16
Kids Swap Meet By Kids - For Kids
Saturday, May 16, 2015 • 9 am - 1 pm
Barranca Vista Park, 7050 E. Ralston Street, Ventura
Kids – clean out your garage and closets of old toys, bikes, games, stuffed animals, books, clothes and more to swap, sell or fundraise!
• Download & fill out the application in ENGLISH or SPANISH for your 10' x 10' space. Deadline: Friday, May 8
• Include $15 NON-REFUNDABLE fee, make check payable to “City of Ventura” or pay by credit card
• Gently used CHILDREN’S items only – nothing stained, broken or dirty
• No items may be brand new or part of a business – your booth will be shut down – no exceptionsEach seller gets an 10' x 10' space.
• Sellers must provide their own canopies, tables, chairs, materials needed for display, NONE will be provided. Sellers are responsible for working and watching their space.
• Contact 654-7552 for more information
2015 Fairy Tales in the Park
Watch for the first performance of 2015 coming in May!
Gypsies in a Trunk present their 20th season of Fairy Tales in the Park at Barranca Vista Park, 7050 Ralston Street in Ventura, on the second Saturdays of summer at 4 pm. Bring a blanket, picnic and low lawn chairs for these free permances for families.
Children's Celebration of the Arts (CCA)
This distinctive City of Ventura program offers a wide variety of unique opportunities for the elementary classroom teacher to enhance the curriculum. Each workshop is one hour to one hour 15 minutes and costs an affordable $45 per workshop.
18 workshops include music, dance, and visual arts workshops celebrating world cultures and include Mexican Tin Art, Stained Glass, Hidden Art Through the Microscope, Totem Masks, Native American Medicine Shields, French Impressionism, Sumi Painting, Persian Folk Dance, Hammered Dulcimer and Banjo Music, Photography Sun Prints, Visual Storytelling (Chilean and Egyptian) and five new Paper-Cut workshops (Daruma wish figures, Spring Windows, Japanese Carp & Pictographs and Endangered Animals Block Printing). We hope you will join us in this 24-year Celebration of the Arts in the Ventura Elementary Schools.
Give the Gift of Art!
To purchase a Children's Celebration of the Arts 2015 gift certificate for a Ventura Elementary classroom contact Kathryn Dippong-Lawson at 805/654-7552 or email@example.com or use the online donor form below.
Register by February 20, 2015 for this year's workshops April 13 to May 29.
- 2015 CCA BOOKLET with workshop descriptions and artist bios (5 page pdf)
- 2015 CCA Registration Form (pdf) - Download the form first, then fill, save & send with CC info or mail with check
- 2015 CCA Donor form - give the "Gift of Art" to your favorite school, teacher, classroom or student!
CCA Fact Sheet
Registration, first-come, first-served, is by mail, email, fax and walkin (registrations by telephone are not accepted).
Please call Kathryn Dippong-Lawson at 805/654-7552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Watch for the workshop brochure to arrive at your school in January.