Preserving Our Community
Code Enforcement serves our community with compassion to:
- promote safe and clean neighborhoods
- preserve property values
- support economic vitality through education and compliance
Ventura is where we live, work and play!
We receive requests to enforce ordinances adopted to address blight, nuisances, and health and safety issues. We recognize every resident plays an important role in our community and deserves a safe place to work and live. While attempting to balance the needs of all of our residents, we strive to deliver our services in a timely fashion, professionally, and with a good attitude.
How do I report a code violation located within the City of Ventura?
- Send us your questions, complaints and compliments by using MY VENTURA ACCESS (MVA) -- our communications tool for community members. MVA helps us improve customer service and increase staff efficiency.
- Fax your signed complaint form to (805) 654-7561;
- Mail your signed complaint form to PO Box 99, Ventura, CA, 93002, ATTN: Code Enforcement, or;
- Drop off your signed complaint form at the public counter, 501 Poli St., Rm 117, Ventura.
Mosquito abatement and public pools contact: COUNTY OF VENTURA, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH, VECTOR CONTROL PROGRAM (805) 654-2813.
Barking dogs, including leash law enforcement contact: COUNTY OF VENTURA, ANIMAL SERVICES, (805) 388-4341 extension 8893.
Code Enforcement Staff
Code Enforcement staff are usually in the field between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM so if they don't answer please leave a message including your name, phone number, Case # or address. If the call is regarding an new complaint please see options above for filing a complaint.
- A. Clark, Code Enforcement Supervisor - 805-658-4712 email@example.com
- J. Arnold, Sr. Code Enforcement Officer - 805-654-7825 firstname.lastname@example.org
- S. Zosimo, Sr. Code Enforcement Officer - 805-654-7790 email@example.com
- R. Lakin, Sr. Code Enforcement Officer - 805-654-7882 firstname.lastname@example.org
- S. Hense, Code Enforcement Technician - 805-654-7780 email@example.com
VENTURA CITY PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE
International Property Maintenance Code Amended and Adopted as the Ventura City Property Maintenance Code
Printable informational brochures
Common Violations within our City's Municipal Code
As part of the City's Code Enforcement educational outreach to the citizens of Ventura, listed below are slide shows with information regarding common violations:
- Business License Tax
- Civil Penalties
- Criminal Penalties
- Grading Regulations
- Home Occupation
- Housing Standards and Regulations
- Massage Regulations
- News Racks
- Noise Control
- Prohibition of feeding Non-Domesticated Animals
- Public Nuisances
- Short-Term Vacation Rentals
- Smoking Regulations
- Stormwater Quality Management
- Use of Public Streets
HOUSING RIGHTS CENTER - Working for Justice and Equality in Housing - (follow the link and click on "Upcoming Events" to view scheduled workshops aimed at providing information on basic housing rights and responsibilities, such as refunding security depositis, cost of repairs, rent increases, notices, evictions and more.
California Tenants - A Guide to Residential Tenants and Landlords Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)
County of Ventura -- Environmental Health Department
Government Center, Administration Building, 800 S. Victoria Avenue Ventura, CA 93009-1730
General Environmental Health Information: 805-654-2813
County of Ventura -- Animal Services
Ventura County Animal Services Adoption Centers have new hours.
Beginning Sunday, April 27, 2014, the Camarillo & Simi Valley Adoption Center will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week.
888-223-PETS (calling within Ventura County) or 805-388-4341 (if calling from outside the County)
600 Aviation Drive, Camarillo
CITY OF VENTURA - Municipal Code