Cultural Funding Program
2016/2017 Cultural Funding Program Grants - Apply by June 23, 2016
Apply by Thursday, June 23, for the City of Ventura Office of Cultural Affairs 2016-17 Cultural Funding Program Grants. The program is open to any Ventura-based arts non-profit. All organizations will be required to provide proof of their 501(c)3 status or that of their Ventura County based fiscal agent’s. $90,000 will be awarded on a competitive basis to non-profit arts organizations, with grants ranging in size from $1,000-$20,000.
·Grants range in size from $1,000-$20.000
·Organizations whose annual budgets are less than $10,000 are only eligible to request $1,000 and do NOT have to submit California Cultural Data Project information.
·Applicants are asked to make a specific grant request. The request may NOT exceed 10% of annual budget.
For more information contact Georgeanne Lees at 805/658-4720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BACKGROUND: The City of Ventura Cultural Funding Program, first developed in 1993, supports the following cultural goals of the community as stated in the 2005 Ventura Cultural Plan and in the “Our Creative Community” section of the 2005 Ventura General Plan:
• To support Ventura’s cultural infrastructure of arts organizations and artists
• To ensure comprehensive access to and involvement in cultural opportunities by all segments of the community
• To support economic development and increase tourism
• To enhance lifelong learning opportunities in the arts for all ages
• The program is open to any Ventura-based arts nonprofit. All organizations will be required to provide proof of their 501(c)3 status or that of their Ventura County based fiscal agents.
• Organizations are required to submit financial information via the California Cultural Database Project at www.caculturaldata.org (unless their annual budget is less than $10,000).
• In addition to the California Cultural Data Project, applicants will submit a projected year end (2016/17) operating budget on a supplied form, and the last completed fiscal year-end budget.
• Artistic samples will be required and the artistic samples form submitted.
• Past applicants must have submitted a Final Report from the previous year to be eligible for future funding.
2008 - 2009 Awardees